Online sites containing featured stories and news rely tremendously on SEO or Search Engine Optimization. Boosting the site’s visibility on search engine is crucial in order to create traffic on the webpage. Most online news sites and blogs need page views in order to make profit while others for PR purposes. This is why article writers with knowledge on SEO are being hired by many site owners these days.
When it comes to becoming visible on search engines, regular posting of fresh content helps but many seasoned SEO article writers know that this isn’t enough. You have to be able to build the article the right way in order for visitors to immediately see the site when keywords are typed on the search engine. Just how exactly can this be done?
- Research on keywords that best fits the site. If you are a beginner in blogging, it helps to focus on a keyword, which you can use almost all the time in the blogs that you’re writing. This usually gets the attention of search engines. In addition to this, you need to research on which keywords, related to the type of your blog, are most searched by internet users. Create a list of these and make an effort in regularly using them when writing your blogs.
- Mention the keywords a few times in your article. If you will only use the keywords in 3% of the piece, the chances of your article popping out on the search engine are slim to none. Your main keyword should appear on the title of your blog, the meta description (if any), and the first and last sentence of the article. Sometimes it would help to mention the keyword somewhere in the middle of the article as well. Doing this will make the article stick out to search engine crawlers, making your article more visible, which then results to a significant traffic to your site.
- When writing on your blog, be sure that your topic interests people. This is quite easy for news sites because they could always write about trending news about celebrities and a few minutes from posting, the webpage is already swarming with visitors. On the other hand, if the site is a blog or a specific business, content articles which provide visitors advice or tips could be just what you need to write on. The keywords you research on will come in handy on this one. Also, if you have the luxury of time to interview an expert regarding your topic, do so.
- Your article should have enough word-count. This might be a problem for some, but you have to bear in mind that search engines favor longer articles than those with just about a 100 words in them. For news, at least 300 words in the body is enough, but for blog write-ups, if you could make it to 500 words, then better.
- When writing SEO articles, optimizing your plugins is a big help as well. These are useful in terms of boosting the PR of your site.
- Always edit your work before posting. Search engines are also particular when it comes to plagiarism, grammar and sentence constructions. This is especially true if you are writing news articles, so to avoid getting penalized, check your work first.
- If you have extra time, link your articles to various social media platforms to let online users know about what you have written. Another way to attract visitors is to link your post on various comments on social media.
SEO writing is not exactly difficult. If you follow these simple rules, you will find that your site is brimming with page views in no time.